Friday, April 20, 2012

28 Day Detox- Day 5

Today I tried Amaranth for breakfast with some apple and pear chunks, flax, and blueberries. It reminded me of a cross between Cream of Wheat and Quinoa. It was actually very tasty and even my 2 year old asked for seconds!


I tried Kale chips yesterday. It brought back memories of St. John, New Brunswick when I used to visit my late Grandmother. We used to go to the fish market and get Dulse ( a dried seaweed) and eat it out of a paper bag! It may not sound very appetizing, but I enjoyed it! Funny what can trigger memories like that!


I had an amazing business coaching call with Annette Mease today and she made me feel like a million bucks just by asking me to think about all the things I loved to do as a child. When was the last time you thought about your childhood dreams? Where in life does it say we have to stop dreaming? It is almost like Satan drew a line at a certain point and I let life get in the way of my dreams. Then when I started dreaming again there were more distractions that took my focus away from my dreams. Today Annette got a spark going again and I am very grateful for it!

I do have to say that the busier my day is the harder it is to find some me time without feeling like I should be doing something "productive". However, I have managed to take even just a few moments each day to catch my breath. Such an important part of my day! The body and mind need to be refreshed even if it only has a few minutes!

If you would like to read another perspective on the 28 Day Detox you can follow Julie Boyer's blog.
http://www.julieboyer.com/2012/04/day-12-28-day-total-body-detox/
Julie is one of the reasons I have done many things in life since I was 17! From finishing Ironman Canada in 2003, to starting my own business! She is a wonderful motivator and very passionate about WHATEVER she does. My BFF!

That said I am going to bed to get a good night sleep so I can be refreshed to teach my 8:15 am Zumba fitness class tomorrow morning!!!

Dear Lord, please give me the strength and confidence to keep dreaming and living my life purposefully!

Blessings
Lee-Anne xo


No comments:

Post a Comment