Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

God had a plan to slow things down for us. Yesterday morning at 3am both Mason and Logan woke up puking! Needless to say we spent most of the day in our pj's and the boys vegged while sipping on water :(

Thankfully, since everyone was here to help out, I got to catch up on some sleep from 8am until 12:30pm! I never get to sleep like that! Usually, I have so many other things going on, and nobody else to look after the sick kids if they are sick, that I just go about my day running on minimal sleep and hope to catch up the next night!

By the evening everyone was feeling okay so Martin and I were able to get out of the house and ring in the New Year with my BFF, Julie Boyer,  her hubby Dan, and cute little daughter Celine. We hadn't been together for New Year's since 2004!

We also enjoyed the company of my good friend Leanne and her new baby, Ryland, and her Step daughter Kaya. We also had the opportunity to spend time with new friends Sonia and Chris. It was a nice simple evening celebrated with awesome people and yummy food!

So because of the sick bodies yesterday, we chose to cancel our big family dinner which was supposed to be today. On the up side it gives us with another relaxing day with Grandma Jojo and Grandpa Gord :) We are going to attempt skating and playing in the snow. The fresh air will be a blessings to everyone!

Stay tuned for more posts about my simple Life in the Sticks. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a great year and I will be journalling about all that is happening!!

Blessings
Lee-Anne


Jeremiah 29:11"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment