Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Because of K&A

It was no accident that Klemmer and Associates was bought into my life. Through a fellow USANA associate, I was introduced to a wonderful woman named Amber. I lived in Snohomish, WA at the time and she was in the Kent, WA. I was heading to the airport one morning to pick up my husband, so Logan and I met with Amber for breakfast at a restaurant close to the airport. I was then about 7 months pregnant with Mason. We really connected and I knew the moment we met that there was something extra special about her.

In the spring of 2008 Amber asked if I wanted to attend a Champion's Workshop that she was hosting in the Kent area. She sent me an email with more information so I could look into it before I gave her an answer. I read up on Klemmer and was intrigued by what I read. At the time I really wanted to bring my business to the next level and that seemed to be the focus of the event.

I went to the workshop and was easily convinced that I should take the first Klemmer and Associates course, Personal Mastery, which was happening the month after. Not only did I sign up, but I signed my husband up to. I even made a 90 day business goal in front of everyone at the workshop. Which by the way NEVER happened.

What I didn't realise was it wasn't my business that was going to go to the next level, it was ME. After PM I went on to do Advanced Leadership, Heart of the Samurai, and then Samurai Camp. During the time span of a year, from April 2008-March 2009, I participated in all 4 Klemmer courses!

Each course brought something new to my life and changed me forever! With the inspirational teachings from Klemmer and the amazing people that surrounded me during the courses I was able to start being the woman that God created me to be. After Heart I became a Youth Group Leader at church because I knew that th teens were our future leaders and I wanted to be a art of that transition! However, after Sam Camp was when I really stepped up.

Before the MOPS year ended in May, it was announced that there was a new Outreach position that needed to be filled for the following MOPS year in 2009-2010 . I had just finished Samurai Camp and I was feeling led to fill the role so I signed up! Somewhere in the paperwork, the change in Coordinators, and lack of communication I was never contacted about the position during the summer. But, guess what, the amazing new coordinator, who is also my wonderful friend, Alayne, thought of me for the position and called me to fill the shoes! The job was always meant for me!

One of my most memorable moments over the year of personal developement was during Heart of the Samurai. I had always been a believer of God, but an experience during Heart made me realise that I had doubts. When I went back to my room I talked about it with my three lovely, Godly roomies. (Whom I had only first met when I walked into our hotel room for this course.)

They all jumped up, grabbed their bibles and recited verses that would literally save me and bring me closer to God. It was such a spiritual moment. I know God placed me in the room with those girls for a reason! I now have unshakeable faith that just keeps growing. What I am also realising is I have no problem talking about God or my beliefs because I feel so strongly about my faith and I attract those who have strong faith as well. My entire Sam Camp Team was very spiritual!

Throughout all the courses, I experienced life situations in such dramatic ways that I cannot explain. Most of all I learned to surrender and allow God to take the reigns instead of trying to control everything. I do admit that sometimes I slip, but I know when it happens and I learn from the experience and most of the time I can move on.

In this one year with K&A I made dream boards, vision statements, a 20 year plan, wrote and illustrated a children's book, and discovered my purpose in life! I danced, laughed, cried, and made so many valuable friends that will be with me forever.
Life changes, people change, and obstacles get in the way, but the purpose of why I am on earth always remains a constant.  Is what I am doing in life coinciding with my purpose? This is a question that I constantly have to stop and ask myself. (The song below is a favourite of mine)

Matthew West - The Motions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHmiFaX_pk

I get stuck sometimes and sit and whine about silly things. Mostly because I am scared to leave my box and I do not want to get trampled on by the big scary world! I just have to remind myself that I have God on my side and through Him anything is possible. I also have a wonderful supportive family who will stand by me through thick and thin. So I am doubly blessed!

Mr. Klemmer was a true insipration to me. He didn't let fear get the best of him. In fact he thrived on it because it meant  he was getting out of the box! It is time to open my box and take the lead!

Thank you Mr. Klemmer for creating an opportunity for me to discover the real me and for helping me to look to God at all times.

Blessings
Bold, Passionate, Elegant, and Surrenderd Lee-Anne

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you, and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
To him be the power forever and ever. Amen
1 Peter 5:10,11(NIV)


The following pics are from Sam Camp in March of 2009. I was 4 months pregnant with Jacob!


Jimbo and I dancing at the Sam Camp talent show!

Samurai Camp Team-OBC
Jim T., me, Jamie, Jimbo, Alisha, Craig (our fearless leader)

Kim and Kim, two Godly faith changers!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I remember when you went through your journey, and you've never been the same since. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too my beautiful friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mommy! You and Jim dancing was a highlight of our SamCamp celebration night- you totally rock woman! Loving you, hugging you, and having found my own relationship with Christ- sobbing through this song for His redemptive glory. Now on to shine His light to others throughout my day- working the Monavie way! Catherine Roach(cause I'm not sure my name will pop up when I hit the carriage return- ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beautiful Catherine! You rocked yourself with your modern dance routine at SamCamp! Dancing with Jimbo was a wonderful experience because it allowed me to just let go and have fun. I added a dancing picture to the blog!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete