Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daddy's Home!

During the past 10 days Martin has been on two separate business trips. He was gone for 7 of those days. He missed the game of pass the puke bucket, let's wake mommy at 4am, and how many buttons do you think we can press before Mommy loses it! Not to mention the game of how many times can the cat puke!

Today, we were all very happy to have Martin back home. Despite his long journey yesterday, and getting in at midnight, my loving husband made the sacrifice to wake up at 4 am with Jacob this morning so I could sleep. Very noble of him! I will ignore the fact that I could not go back to sleep after 4am! 
Throughout all of Martin's travelling, I have been doing my best to be the supportive wife, and courageous mom. Some days are obviously harder than others, but I am starting to get used to it. To be fair I know that it is also hard on Martin being away from us. He also loses sleep because of all the time changes and sleeping in different hotels.

Martin is a wonderful man and I applaud him for taking this step in his career. Many times we have to make sacrifices in life in order to get to the place where we really want to be. As long as he enjoys what he is doing and keeps moving forward then I will support him. I know he does his best to schedule his travels as far apart as possible and that sometimes there will be emergency trips.
Thank goodness for my in-laws. Grandmaman brought me eggs and milk when I couldn't get out. Grandpapa picked up Logan from school when Jacob and Mason were in a deep sleep during an afternoon nap. The two of them are saints! Not to mention Adele is always there for emotional support. She raised 4 kids in this very house so she knows where I am coming from!

I am also grateful for the PACE playgroup. It is just one more place to be able to get away and hang out with other moms. I am very isolated in the country, but the more I get to know the moms and the area I live in the less isolated I feel. Like everything else it just takes time.

Now if only the snow would stop!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other...
Ecclesiastes 7:14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment