Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 in one blow!

As my family was swatting flies this morning I was reminded of the story "The Brave Little Tailor". The little taylor kills 7 flies in one shot and is so proud he makes himself a cloth belt and embroiders SEVEN IN ONE BLOW in red thread. Of course we aren't going on to kill giants or evil wild boars, but it is a fun story.

We have had such a mess of flies ever since we lived here. I mean it was like this before, but living in it makes it so much more apparent! In the summer it was NASTY! We had swarms of flies inside and outside the house. They swarmed the upstairs windows outside and would get in between the screen and the window so we couldn't open the windows! At one point the ladybugs took over and our entire back yard was red and black!

I thought once the cold weather came that the flies would leave, but they have managed to hide in all the nooks and cranies that they could find. Everytime it warms up higher than 0 degrees we get a flood of flies around the windows.

You can bet this spring we will be spraying the attic and anywhere else we can to prevent those pesky flies from running rampant again. I know that we live in the country, there are cows close by, and when they fertilize the fields beside us it isn't a pleasant smell. The odds are against us when it comes to flies. However, they can stay OUTSIDE! This is my house and I am pretty generous when it comes to having people stay here, but I would rather not share it with the flies.

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Exodus 8:22
And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, 
in which my people dwell,
that no swarms of flies shall be there;
to the end thou mayest know that
I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment