Friday, February 18, 2011

Making Tracks

Wednesday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the snow was crisp and even though it was -20 outside it was a great day for a walk.

I joined a few of the ladies from PACE , and their kids of course, and took Jacob for a walk along the bike trail in town. It is just in back of where my in-law's live so we stopped in for a quick visit before heading out. I had finally sent both Logan and Mason back to school after a long spell of fevers and coughing so I wanted to enjoy some fresh air!

We all met up at a parking lot just in front of the trail head, made sure everyone was bundled up and we were off! We could not walk more than two side by side because the trail was pretty narrrow after all the snow so we partnered up.

I walked beside Maria most of the way. Maria works at PACE and has a 24 year old daughter, so to the rest of us moms she is like the expert!  It was nice to find out more about Maria and connect deeper than "Bonjour" and "Comment ca va?" She gave me some great tips for home remedies and made sure I knew that I had to take care of myself and be careful not to overdue it because of my cough!

Amelie is another PACE employee with lots of fun ideas and tons of energy. She was the one who ran back a 1/4 mile along the bike trail to pick up a lost mittin! Go Amelie! Amelie has a 6 year old son in the same grade and school as Logan, but not the same class. I can see myself doing some school projects with her in the future!

Mary, a mother of two boys (4yrs and 18m), had brought along her dog to drag the kids on their sled. The dog isn't very big, but she is very strong! Mary siad that sometimes she will even get in with the kids and the dog still pulls all of them! Mary and I will be getting together soon for another fun walk. I may even bring my dog, Max, to see if she could pull Jacob and Mason on their sled as well!

Slowly, but surely, we are getting to know people and becoming more active in the community. The spring is not too far away, even though the groundhog saw his shadow. As much fun as it is to play in the snow I am looking forward to a beautiful spring walk and learning all about planting a garden. Something about fresh veggies from the garden makes everything taste so much better!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
Ecclesiastes



Maria, Amelie, and Mary




Me and Jakers



No comments:

Post a Comment