Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coming Together

There is a true community feeling about living in a small town. I belong to a small group called P.A.C.E. (Projet d'Action Comunitaire pour Enfants) It is a government funded project that has been around for about 12 years now. It gives parents and kids a chance to come together for support, friendship, outings, cooking, workshops and to share ideas on parenting. Being in a small community it helps to have all the support I can get!

Yesterday, I took Mason (4) and Jacob (17m) with me to Logan's (6) school for an outing with PACE. We spent 45 minutes in a Kindergarten classroom having snacks and playing with blocks and cars. It was a great experience for Mason to see the big school that his older brother goes to and play with a few older kids. Jacob fit right in and didn't want to leave! It was wonderful for me to speak with the teacher about the program too since Mason will soon be there! YIKES!

Today, I spent the morning with a few moms making chocolate molds during a workshop. I had never done this before and was pleased to see how easy it was. I am always looking for things to do with my kids at home.

I am also a part of a collective cooking group at PACE, so tomorrow I get to cook all day for my family. This means I get to share recipes, food, and conversation with the two other moms in my group. On top of that the two moms are very french so I get to speak french all day and improve upon my skills! I could bring Mason and Jacob with me to play with the other kids as it is all supervised by three wonderful ladies However, I will leave them with Grandmaman and Grandpapa for the day so they can have fun of their own and Jacob will be able to nap!

Since I have started attending PACE I am getting to know more moms on a personal level. As I get older I find it more difficult and exhausting to connect with new people, but being in a safe environment with other moms who are going through the same daily challenges as myself it makes it a little easier to ease into friendships.

After having a few casual conversations before Christmas, I discovered a few moms who have similar religious views as me and I hope to be getting involved in a bible study soon, if not two! I am really excited about this new venture and I know it will only lead to more wonderful things!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Matthew 18:20 (NIV)
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment