Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Wind She Blows!

The wind started howling in the evening last night and is still going. It is the kind of noise that makes me wonder what kind of changes are taking place. What has God got in store for us?

Last night we were presented with a very full , bright moon. In our big country sky the picture was amazing. Since there are not a lot of lights in the area the moon is the main source of light in the pitch black of night. It was a perfect setting for the beginning of the blistery winds that began to blow after such a calm, unusually warm winter day.

Because I am from the suburbs I am not used to total silence or having natures noises as a background sound. I grew up most of my life in high rise apartments with the faint, or sometimes loud, sounds of the noises within the building. During the warmer days often the white noise from the streets below would be my background noise. Even when I was in University, living downtown Toronto, I had the sounds of city life to put me to sleep.

Now don't get me wrong, I will take silence over city traffic any day, but it does take some getting used to. It is so much more peaceful to listen to the wind, or the crickets, or frogs which can set the stage for a calm and carefree sleep.

My husband grew up with these wonderful sounds and has no trouble falling asleep anytime we are in the country. If he has to sleep with city sounds he is very restless. I was up most of the night listening to the crazy winds, wondering if it would crash through my bedroom windows. Of course, everyone else in the house slept through the night for the first time in almost 2 months! Go figure!

I am sure once we open our windows again in the spring I will get better acquainted with my new environment and adapt to a better sleep with the county noise or lack thereof! Either that or I will have to start wearing ear plugs!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Zephaniah 3:17 (New International Version)
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment