Saturday, February 26, 2011

Living the Vision

As I was skating at our local outdoor rink with my kids, husband, and the in-laws, I remembered a vision statement I had written back in 2009:

"It is January 2014 and I am enjoying a wonderful hot chocolate with my three children and husband. We are sitting by the fire in our log cabin home just heating up after finishing a great cross country ski in the backwoods. The lake is frozen over and we are organizing a quick pick up game of ice hockey after supper with Martin’s family."

It is now 2011 and I have already achieved part of my vision. I just have remind myself that it doesn't always have to look a certain way! In 2009 we were still living in Seattle and I was pregnant with Jacob, my youngest. I knew that one day we would be back in Canada and I just put a timeline on it.

Today we live in a beautiful country home with a fireplace, not quite a log cabin, but it is a start. We weren't cross country skiing as the kids still need some practice, but we did play in the snow. The boys had a hot chocolate when they got in. It wasn't a lake we skated on, but it was outside, free, only 5 minutes from our house, and we had hockey sticks! One day the picture will look even closer to the vision, but for now this is pretty darn close.

I have always wanted to be in the country. I just didn't expect it to come so soon. I also didn't expect us to live in the family homestead.  All I did was put it on paper and let God and the rest of the Universe know what I wanted. I think I had to get over my control of how life is suppose to look like in order to appreciate what God has so graciously provided for me. Now I just have to choose what I am going to do with it!

In alignment with my vision I have ideas for kids books in the works, non-profit organisations I am going to launch in the future, business goals, and lots of fun travelling to plan. Since I wrote the vision I have had many new and wonderful things cross my path that I hadn't even thought of back then. Maybe it is time to revise the vision!

Blessings
Lee-Anne xoxo

Jeremiah 29:11


'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope
   

No comments:

Post a Comment