Friday, March 18, 2011

Blessed

I am reminded constantly how blessed I am. Yet, the song "This is the Stuff", from Francesca Battistelli (video link below) pretty much sums up everyday life for me and I am sure for almost everyone else.

"This is the Stuff", by Francesca Battistelli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVnAyD96G3A

As I was sitting with some moms, at a St. Patrick's Day potuck brunch yesterday, someone was talking about not being able to afford necessary things because of other things that had to get paid first. Her roof has been leaking in the bedroom, her mattress is totaled because of the water damage, she just paid a fortune in necessary dental surgery and bills are adding up. This is pretty common around here. Many people are on social assistance and 'live' paycheck to paycheck.

Looking at the news, Japan is in a state of emergency. Thousands of  people have died, many still are missing and the nuclear plant could explode at any moment! And to think that my brother in law was just there in November and our friends just moved from there 3 years ago!

I have friends that have lost their children. Many have had miscarriages, but my one girlfriend delivered her baby 6 weeks early to discover he had a twisted intestine. Baby Quinn only survived a couple of days. 

How petty are the little things I choose to get frustrated about. I have so much, yet like the song says
"In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed".

I am going to do my best to keep my attitude positive. I am going to be more appreciative of everything, especially my lovely family. I will show more gratitude for everything in my life. I admit I can get a little selfish sometimes. Now is the time to let that go and enjoy life free of stress over things I cannot control and have the courage to change the things I can!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Psalm 34:8Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Great song - and yes, definitely puts life in perspective. Lynette gave a mentor moment on this song earlier this month. We miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete