Monday, March 7, 2011

It was the storm of the century!

We are blocked in the house today by a severe storm. I feel like I am in the movie "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and the snowman is narrating "It was the storm of the century!"Seriously, if there were little elves outside they would be blowing all over the place!

Thankfully, Logan already had today off, because it was a teacher's planning day, so it wasn't a big upset in our plans. Of course going outside is really not an option unless we want to get buried alive by the increasing accumulation of snow! I can't imagine any teachers getting into the schools today!

The day started with Jacob waking me up at 4:30am, then Mason hopped into bed with me at 5am, and everyone was up at 5:30am. It isn't even 10am and I am ready for a nap! I promised myself to be positive today and make things fun inside rather than listening to whining and fighting all day. It is the 10th day of the boys being home 24/7 together!

After we had a simple breakfast the kids were starting to rev up so I told them to clean up the toys and I would give them something new and fun to do. So for 20 minutes we all cleaned up and then I brought down the extra sheets and we made a huge fort in the middle of our living room. I know a lot of families do this kind of thing, but for some reason I never think about doing it. Knowing that we would be inside, yet again, the idea came to me quickly!

They loved it and haven't left since we made it. Logan and Mason played Wii Mario Kart for a bit while I made a new snack. Jacob wanted to play too so he tackled them for the remote! Then I sat him in his high chair and let him watch me make the snack. It wasn't a very healthy snack, but super yummy! Tony's Squares. Yes, Tony the Tiger. It was Frosted Flakes, marshmallows, Peanut Butter, and Butter. Kind of like Rice Krispie Squares, but more sugar! Thankfully I had just enough marshmallows lying around! Although the squares were yummy we all agreed that Rice Krispie Squares are better. Maybe next time I will add the peanut butter.

The rest of the day will consist of reading, napping, and maybe watching a movie. Hopefully, we won't be snowed in again tomorrow. We do pay someone to plow our driveway, but I have a feeling nobody is going anywhere today! It is a good thing I have enough milk to last me through today and then I have Almond milk as a reserve!

Here is a video of the storm. Max even has trouble getting to a spot to relieve herself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq7kJDir40Y

Blessings
Lee-Anne


James 1:2 (NIV, ©2011)

 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds,

1 comment:

  1. The video says it all! That is an amazing amount of snow! No wonder you aren't going anywhere. I have never seen that before and I'm guessing that even with Montreal winters that was a first for you.

    ReplyDelete