Friday, March 25, 2011

Bright Sunny Day

Even though it snowed again today Jacob and I got out for a nice walk down the road to have lunch with my neighbour Paula. Jacob walked half way down the road and then I pushed him in the stroller the rest of the way. I was amazed to see how far he walked without even stopping or getting side tracked.

I haven't ventured out too much on the road because even though it isn't very busy, the cars drive way too fast when they do drive by. Also, in the snow the roads get more narrow making it not so easy to have a carefree stroll.

We spent two lovely hours at Paula's. They were filled with great conversation and delicious food. Jacob even had a fun time! We talked about our children and God and how they respond to Him. We talked about diets and exercise. What was extra nice is we shared female fellowship. It takes a lot of energy to make new friends as I get older and it is beautiful to know that some friendships are easier to build than others.

When we left Paula's house Jacob was super tired already, since he hadn't had a nap. He managed to walk half way down Paula's driveway, a pretty long driveway, and then got in the stroller and fell asleep. It was much tougher walking home because it is all uphill and it was a lot more muddy since the sun had melted most of the snow on the road. The walk didn't bother me though because it was wonderful to have a warmer breeze on my face and the sun heating me up and delivering its Vitamin D!

Thankfully, when we got back to the house Jacob transferred nicely into his crib. Even after taking a minute to strip him of all his winter gear. Nothing like some fresh air and walking to tucker a kid out!

Tonight we will be eating tons of cheese and veggies while we feast using our Raclette. This has become a new favourite with Logan. He won't eat a grilled cheese sandwich because he doesn't like the Kraft Cheese Singles, but he will dine on aged cheddar, gouda, and swiss cheese. Go figure! This is wonderful though, because I much prefer real cheese on my grilled cheese sandwiches too! Mason will eat pretty much anything so Raclette works for him too!And by the sounds of it, since the kids have gotten home, it will be an early bed night!!

On another note I just got a call from my brother-in-law saying Julie, Martin's youngest sister, gave birth to their third little boy at 6:20am his morning!!! Once I get pics I will do a blog just to honour my newest nephew, Baby Jayden!!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

A merry heart doeth good like medicine.                                                                                 - Proverbs 17:22

2 comments:

  1. Hello my sweetheart. I hope I do this right and you receive my comment. So life in the sticks doesn't sound so bad, not the way you tell it anyway. It seems to me that you are settling in just fine. You always were good at moving and changing and making new friends. After all, we certainly did enough of it when you were young. But you are right. It is a whole new ball game when you are older. Friends are not that easy to come by and we find it harder to put ourselves out there. You'll be fine though. After all, you come from tough stock. Love you lots. Mom xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!!! Thanks for the message. No life in the sticks is not so bad. Of course in my blog I am aiming to be as positive as possible. Why stir up yucky feelings when there are plenty of good ones to go around. I do share some disappointments, but try to end on a good note. Love you!

    ReplyDelete