Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting for Spring

We are still getting snow! We were teased with a couple days last week of +5 degrees Celcius. However, for the past couple days it has been between 0 and -5 degrees. When will we see spring?

As an after dinner activity this evening, Martin suggested for all of us to get outside and go sledding in the front yard to enjoy the last bit of snow. It was a wonderfully refreshing idea for sure. Then of course someone had to get hurt.

Poor Mason has had a terrible time with sledding accidents this winter. Usually the accidents have involved a tree of some sort and it is usually his face that gets the beating. We may have to start calling him scar face! This time he went head first down the hill on his sled and didn't stop in time to avoid the one little tree sticking out of the snow! It looked like he bit his bottom lip and left some teeth marks. It bled, and hurt, but my brave little boy didn't want me to help him he just wanted a kleenex and to see his war wound in the mirror. If Logan had been hurt we would still be hearing about it! One of those differences in personalities :)

When the snow does finally continue to melt I know we will be in for yucky, muddy days, with partial flooding in some areas. It has already started on most of the dirt roads, which there are a lot of in Stanstead.  Living on a dirt road I have discovered that driving on a slippery muddy road is almost as bad as driving on ice. I have really improved upon my driving skills over the winter months, but I am looking forward to cleaner roads.

On the bright side, once the muddy season is over the flowers will be ready to plant and the trees will start blooming once again. We will be able to play at the park and go running on the trail. We will be able to go hiking more and start preparing for the summer. Rasberry season is a favourite for all the kids! Grandmaman left some nice berry bushes for us to benefit from every year!

The kids are pretty excited about this summer because Daddy promised them an above ground pool! We get it installed in June just before school gets out. Then we can enjoy it all summer! I am looking forward to it too because I might actually get some training in by strapping my feet to the ladder or by doing lots of flip turns!

Of course I will also have to practice my patience and serenity with the kids in a big way because they will be wanting to be in the pool 24/7 and I will have to keep a constant watch! Not to mention I will have to be in the pool with them so those cold days are a little less inviting. I think I will have to get a wetsuit!

Until summer comes I will just have to patiently get through this snow and mud and enjoy it while it lasts so as to not go crazy! Really, what else can I do?

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead!"
                                                                  - I Peter 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment