Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Break Day 2-3

This week is just flying by! Yesterday we had a great Wii workout with the PACE group at the volunteer center. It was actually the second workout that they have done, but I missed the first.

There were supposed to be 3-5 moms with their kids, but we were the only family that showed up. Some families were out of town for March Break, some just couldn't make it at the last minute. It worked out fine for us because we had more personalised attention! It meant I got to have control of the remote and I pushed the limits for my kids and the PACE leadership group! I was sweating ALOT and it felt great!

When I woke up at 6am yesterday I was brainstorming ways to get a good workout in during the day that I truly enjoyed. All along I had the answer. (What a surprise) It had just been in a box since Christmas sitting on my dresser! I have the same workout program, Wii Active, that we used yesterday and my kids had a blast. I will be pulling it out tomorrow morning to get the kids moving!

Today was a costume skating party organised by PACE at our local arena. Logan wore his hockey uniform and Mason wore his Yoda costume. Grandmaman, Grandpapa, and my nephews Kealan and Noah joined us as well. A great family day! Jacob isn't into the costume thing yet, but he sure enjoyed the yummy muffins that one of the moms made!!

Mason and Logan played outside in he afternoon while Jacob and mommy had a little nap. Since Martin's office is on the main level looking out the front he sees and hears all which gives me some quiet time every now and then.

The best thing about this day was that all the boys were in bed and sleeping by 7:30 pm!!! That has not happened in a very long time! So instead of being in bed at 8:30 pm, I had some time to clean up a little, play around with Skype, and then I had a wonderful chat with my lovely friend Alisha face to face on Skype! I love the webcam!!!

Tomorrow will be a home day, maybe do some sledding with the cousins. I will definitely be taking the Wii Active out of the box and setting it up. Even if Logan controls the remote I know I will get a great workout. Afterall, he was the one, without ever doing it before, who told me how to do the inline skating jumps properly on the Wii Active. Very observant child! Sometimes it pays to take advice from my kids!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Mat 18:3
"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment