Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The 6th Day of Gratitude

Well, I have made it to day 6 of keeping a gratitude log! Not to mention one on my blog! It is much easier to just write things down on paper, but I have found, I truly think about what I am grateful for most of the day so I can blog about it!

Have you ever heard the song Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John? It was a pretty popular song at one point and I finally heard the story behind it while at USANA Convention 2011. Have you ever heard of Billie Jean King? The famous female tennis player who started the women's tennis movement? Well the song was about her! It is true because she was personally at convention to tell her story!

This goes along with my theme of inspirational people. It was so amazing to have the legend herself speak to us and tell her side of the trials and tribulations of how women's tennis began. Without her there may never have been a WTA. Without her girls may not have had the courage to dream and stand up for what they believe. Without her there wouldn't have been the freedom song by Elton John!

My point is there are just some people that stand out because they are not afraid to be seen or heard. These leaders are making a difference for the rest of us. What does it take to be that kind of leader? Besides a lot of guts, it takes strength and a whole lot of courage! In many ways it takes unshakable faith. It may be faith in God or a presence in the universe, but knowing there is a higher power, and an even greater force, makes life worth living to its fullest.

It isn't important to be famous like Ms. King, but it is important to live for a greater purpose in life. What would you do with enough faith, enough courage, enough strength?

For this I am Grateful (day 6):
1. To be a woman with full rights
2. To have the courage to stand up for what I believe in
3. To have met Mr. Brian Klemmer before he tragically died earlier this year. To have studied his teachings, and to be a part of the growing movement of living in a world where no one is left out!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment