Monday, September 12, 2011

Fresh Air

What a beautiful day it was. The warm summer sun was shining down on us today. If it weren't for the colour changes already happening you would have guessed it was still summer! Really, Jacob was still picking the last of the raspberries off the bushes!

My garden holds 4 nicely shaped pumpkins and a yummy looking squash that I plan on using for Canadian Thanksgiving in a few weeks. I picked a few more apples off our tree before the birds got them. It was fun to see the boys eating the apples they had hand picked. I am so fortunate to have all these foods at my fingertips. Next year I will make more of an effort to plant a bigger garden.

I do love the fall, and all the changes that happen around us during this season. It makes me want to snuggle up with a warm blanket and put a log on the fire. I know that the white stuff, that didn't seem to want to leave us last year, will soon be coming and I am ready for it! I've got my snowshoes waiting!

For This I am Grateful (Day 5)
1. The precious moments I spent with my family exploring in the corn field this evening
2. For having the means to be able to pay for a great house cleaner twice a month
3. For the privilege of being able to be a stay at home mom for the past 7 years

Blessings
Lee-Anne

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

No comments:

Post a Comment