Sunday, September 11, 2011

Giving Praise

Today I at church and it seemed like we sang for at least half of the service. This is wonderful for me because I love to sing contemporary Christian music. During the service all the words to every song are displayed on a screen at the front of the sanctuary. This helps to sing each song rather than looking in a book and it also makes it more clear to me the message of each song.

One of the songs was "Lead Me To the Cross". It holds very dear to me because it was one of my favourites when I lived in Seattle and it always brought tears to my eyes. I had not sung it in church, until today, for over a year. It just always reminds me that God loves us so much that He gave us His only son. Jesus did not have to die on the cross, but he chose to because he knew what his purpose on earth was and he was willing to endure the pain so he could be lifted up and be the greatest being to ever walk the earth.

Lead Me To The Cross- Hillsong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_24IdbJ0Tw

The sermon was about how we can get distracted from things that are important for us to do in life. Sometimes we are not in tune with what we are being called to do and miss out on great opportunities to serve. Sometimes the distractions are good and sometimes not so good. Either way, life is full of distractions and it is up to me to pay attention to what God is asking of me and to choose accordingly.

Whether you are a believer of God or not, this applies to everyone! The world is filled with distractions that hold many of us back from achieving GREAT things. We each have so much to offer, yet most of us settle for mediocre. What are we waiting for?

I know I touched on this a while back. I admit I am still a little shaky out of the starting block, but now,  more than ever I feel like I can just BE and allow God to guide me along the path I should be going on without being afraid of messing things up. If I Be who I am supposed to be then I can DO anything I was created to do and then I will HAVE everything I was meant to have.

BE, DO, HAVE- NOT HAVE, DO, BE

For This I Am Grateful (Day 4)
1. Unshakable faith
2. A healthy body
3. Knowledge of how to stay healthy and how to get others healthy!

Blessings
Lee-Anne


But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment