Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Fun Filled Day!

Yesterday was a jam packed fun filled day.

It started with my first of a three week session Bootcamp. I call it LA's Circuit Training Bootcamp.
It was super cold, super early (7-7:45 am) and the 5 ladies that showed up got a great 45 minute INTENSE workout!

Then it was off to hockey practice for 8am! Thankfully, I did get a chance to go home and take a shower before I met Martin and the kids at the arena. I got there to handle Jacob and watch the second half of Mason's hockey practice, while Martin got Logan ready for his 9am practice!

After practice we ventured out of the arena for Townshipper's Day! A day to celebrate the English community in the Eastern Townships. It is held at a different location every year, and this year it just happened to be in Stanstead!

The boys climbed a wall erected in the middle of the field by the scouts. Then they played basketball and jumped in the bouncy house. At 11am we walked over to where Grandmaman and Grandpapa were square dancing and Grandpapa pulled me up on stage for a demonstration! I had never square danced before, but it was really fun!

We ate hot dogs and fresh shoestring french fries. Grandmaman provided goodies from another kiosk for our dessert. Some ginger snap cookies, lemon poppy bread, and oatmeal raisin cookies! I have to admit that I did indulge a little!

After lunch we came home for a nap. I think I slept the most! A good nap is so wonderful after an extremely full morning!

After feding the kids supper, I slipped into my magic jeans ( somehow I wore these when I was a size 12 not too long ago and they still fit nicely now that I am a size 6/8). Then we had our amazing babysitter come over and watch the kids while Martin and I went out for a Date Night! Yes, we still get to do that once in a while!

We had dinner at our favourite restaurant in town Millie's. Unfortunately, we also learned that they were closing their doors for an undetermined period of time beginning next weekend! At least we got to have one last wonderful meal there. The food is always fresh and usually comes from someones garden in the area. I have never experienced such delicious salads as the way Bachard (the owner) makes it!

As we were finishing up our dinner, we had a delightfully unexpected encounter with Mr. Fred Tombs. He is a well established golfer in town with such a gracious heart. Now at the age of  83 he is fit as a fiddle, still golfing for money, and enjoys everyday of his life! He is a true giver and has truly blessed me by sharing his stories!

We finished the night with some dancing at the local bar, Check Point Charlie's, where our friend Mike Goudreau and his band was playing. We sat with a good friend of Martin's for the hour and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

The best part is when we got home, all the kids were in their beds, sleeping, and Abby drove herself home! It is so awesome that we did not have the added responsibility of driving a babysitter home. A great end to a perfectly crazy day!

For This I am Grateful (day 10)
1. Stretchy Jeans
2. An evening out with Hubby
3. A babysitter with a drivers licence!

What fun things filled your day?

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Life is a matter of passing the time enjoyably. There may be other
things in life, but I've been too busy passing my time enjoyably
to think very deeply about them.
- Peter Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment