Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crazy Tired!

Well, just like all things in life there are always bumps and turns in the road that keep us on our toes as we go along on our journey. Today I hit my big bump called sleep deprivation! It is common in my life with 3 kids who like to wake up before the sun rises, and 9 times out of 10 at least one of them wakes up in the middle of the night as well. Sometimes it is all of them depending on how much noise the first child makes!

As I said in my last post, we had a jam packed day yesterday. So when we left the house today see my husband play his first home football game of the season we were already almost on an empty tank of energy! The excursion was about 3 hours altogether. 20 minutes to get there, 2.25 hours of game time, then 20 minutes back home.

Because it was just me and the three boys things were a little crazier. I walked out from the parking lot with a camp chair and my Healthy Edge lunch bag on one shoulder, and a tired little Jacob, who had fallen asleep in the car, on the opposite hip. Logan carried 2 chairs and Mason carried his own. Why the chairs? The football field, although very beautiful, is not quite finished for the spectators so there are no bleachers yet.

We carried our stuff over a very muddy landscape and then over a ditch and up a steep hill. At the top of the hill was a wooded area for the boys to play around. Luckily there were other children to play with so the boys made new friends. Hopefully the next time there is a home game they will see their new friends again! On the other hand, since the boys were running through the trails I only got to capture about a 1/4 of the game. I did manage to get a couple pictures of my hubby on the field, but not too fancy! Next time I might suggest we only go for half the game!

When it was time to go back down to the car, I had to manage three very overtired boys. Mason, just wanted to keep playing and Jacob was trying to follow. Logan did okay staying with me, in fact he kept talking about our next trip there. He wants to bring paper and pencils so he can draw in the secret hideout they discovered!

We said goodbye to daddy and shuffled our way into the car. I have to admit I had a flash thought of driving through Burger King because I REALLY did not feel like cooking. Then my Healthy Edge angel on my shoulder reminded me of the yummy salmon I had in the fridge that would not be difficult to prepare and not only would it be 100% healthier it would definitely taste 100% better!

Now those of you with kids can probably understand how wonderful dinner was with three absolutely exhausted boys! I admit there was a lot of stair sitting and bedroom bound moments before, during, and after dinner. It really didn't help that I was just as tired as they were! I have been told to not react too quickly when in state of anger or when I am tired or hungry. I did my best, but I am still learning!

I successfully put all the kids to bed before 8pm and now I have a few minutes to recap my day.

Writing this blog is kind of like therapy for me these days. I do my best to focus on the highlights of the day and sometimes the low points are forgotten! I can't recall any difficult moments since I have started the 21 days of gratitude, until today, so I think I am doing okay! I plan on going to bed early tonight, reading my Bible and then having a peaceful nights sleep! Tomorrow starts the beginning of yet another crazy week so I am going to be as well rested as I can be!

What is it like around your house when everyone is on the tired side? How do you handle yourself?

For this I am Grateful (Day 11)

1. The chance to start each day with a fresh outlook!
2. The chance to play in nature with the kids 
3. Choosing to eat healthy over not so healthy food!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

2 Corinthians 4:8-18 (NIV)

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment