Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

I spent a wonderful 2 hours this morning with fabulous women in conversation about everything from cooking to religion.

I had originally planned to meet up with two ladies for an outdoor intensive workout. However, we all decided that it was raining too hard so we took it indoors so our we and our kids wouldn't get so wet. We took a lucky shot and went back to our playgroup hangout and did a half hour of strength training while the kids played quietly! We ended up staying and talking with our two fearless playgroup leaders for another 2 hours!

Last week some of us brought in clothing to exchange with other moms so today we rummaged through the pile again. I am not shy to take hand me downs, especially when I got a great pair of pants out of it! Then we sat while the kids had a snack of apples and cheese. We talked about FB and how some people choose to make trouble by gossipping. We discussed our future Collective Cooking menu for the following week. We told our pregnancy stories which led into the topic of how we eat. We talked about house repairs and costs included with them. We really did cover a wide variety of topics!

I was the last of the three to leave and I ended up staying behind for yet another 30 minutes to talk about religion and some wonderful opportunities that were happening around town to get kids involved. This has been on my heart ever since we left Seattle.

I have been searching for a place to keep my kids in tune with God. Yes we go to church, but it is very far and we have not been as regularly as I  would like. There are not many places around here that include Sunday school during a service. Today I found out that Amelie will be teaching a bible class for kids aged 6-7 for the next 8 weeks! It won't be during a service, but I will be able to bring Logan once a week into town for an hour to do fun craffts and read bible stories. It is a great opportunity to keep Logan in the Word of God and introduce him to other children who are also spiritual. Maybe it will lead to creating a space for this type of gospel involvement with children on a regular basis!

So not only did I get a great workout in this morning, I got a pair of pants, gal time, and a new hope for where space is being created for God. He is so good!

What have you been asking for? Have you been talking to the right people?

For This I am Grateful (Day 8)
1. Girlfriends of all sorts
2. New opportunities
3. Mom's Healthy Edge meatloaf that I pulled out of the freezer for tonight's dinner!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

John 15:7 (NIV)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment