Monday, September 19, 2011

BFF

When I woke up this morning I opened my email, like I do every morning. I saw that my beautiful best friend of 19 years had sent me an email with her advice for  "5 Quick Tips to Happiness".

1. Take a deep breath in and imagine the word Calm. Breathe out slowly and imagine the word Joy. Repeat 3 times.
2. While driving, make an effort to smile. Quickly peek in the rear view mirror and smile. Even bigger than that! Repeat until your face hurts!
3. Give someone a hug. Kids give the best hugs, so if you have one of those, hug him or her. Next best thing, hug your pet, cats or dogs are best (fish and reptiles, not so much).
4. Laugh! Nothing you find that funny right now? Try this website - guaranteed a few laughs, it might even make you cry.
5. Shake your booty! Play your favorite up-beat song, get up and move your body. Don't have a favorite? Choose a song that has good memories associated with it, such as a song from your wedding or last vacation

Very whimsical and so attainable! I thought about these things all day!

She has created a wonderful website for herself called
"Inspired by Julie Caroline": http://www.julieboyer.com/  On this site she has blogged about a lot of Mommy issues and health in general around families.

We have been business partners for 5 years now and she has taught me a lot about working diligently at an entrepreneurial business. Things like what I should and shouldn't be doing to be efficient throughout the day and how to be computer savvy! Actually, Julie was the reason I created my hotmail account back in 1998! At the same time, over the past year since she had her baby, I can see a huge shift in her way of thinking, both in business and in life .

I love how she can now relate more to what I have been going through for the last 7 years and realise that having kids does make a big difference in the way you can work a business. Especially, if you are choosing to be a stay at home parent! I can see she has matured and grown in a way that only a mother can. I feel privileged to have Jules as my BFF so that we can help each other along this windy road to success!

If you do check out her website, just mention my name!! Try the 5 tips to happiness and see where it takes you at the end of the day!

For This I am Grateful (Day 12)
1. EMAIL
2. Best Friends
3. Grocery shopping without kids!


Blessings
Lee-Anne

Proverbs 18:24 (NIV)

24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment