Thursday, September 8, 2011

For This I am Grateful

At USANA Convention 2011 we had the priviledge of listening to an amazing speaker by the name of Shawn Achor. He is the author of  The Happiness Advantage: www.happinessadvantage.com.

Achor gave us a few simple strategies to help us change our behaviours and to help us focus on being happier one day at a time.  He challenged us to performing ONE of these behaviours, everyday, for 21 days, to create a new habit.
  1. Gratitudes – 3 things you are grateful for in the last 24 hours, must be specific and must be different.
  2. Journaling – write detailed experience of a meaningful event that happened in last 24 hours
  3. Exercise – 30 minutes, daily and get your heart pumping
  4. Meditation- take a deep breath, one task at a time
  5. Random Acts of Kindness- ie: 2 min positive email first thing in morning

For the next 21 days I will be posting 3 things I am grateful for. Like most people I could use an extra boost of happiness now and again, so if I can create it then how great is that!

For this I am grateful:
1. My three beautiful boys, their energy and love is oh so wonderful!
2. My loving husband who is supportive in MOST things I do and who is such a wonderful father
3. Our beautiful house in the country that we all share together as one family

What are you grateful for? Or better yet, what new behaviour will you choose to do for the next 21 days?

Blessings
Lee-Anne xo

Psalm 127:3-5 ESV

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment