Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10- Decorations

This afternoon we decorated the Christmas tree. Actually it was 99.9% decorated by the kids, I just helped to make sure the lights went on properly and mostly evenly.

As I opened the boxes of ornaments so many delightful memories came back. From the box of hand me down ornaments from when I was a child, to the ones that I picked up at the craft fair last year, each one had its own special story of how it came into our lives.

I am so very grateful for each of these memories that I was so blessed to have. As I handed each one of the "breakable" ornaments to the children to place on the tree I said " this is special, please be careful with it", and they held it with care and pride as I allowed them to place it on the tree. For some of the ornaments I told of the origin, but I should tell of them all so that my memories can live on in my kids!

I think now, while the hearts of the children are still so young and innocent, it is important to fill their hearts with beautiful stories of their own past and their connection with us as parents. It is funny how even if you just tell a story to a child, their imagination goes wild and they can create their own pictures in their head. Sometimes they create and even more exciting story!

I do wish everyone their own special memories as you unpack the Christmas decorations and share your traditions with the family. Make every moment count and enjoy the time together while we still can :)

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment