Friday, December 14, 2012

Dec 13-14

I guess I haven't been fully committed to writing everyday on my blog! I tend to always write my blog at night, after the kids are in bed, and the day is pretty much done. What happens is many nights I fall asleep while putting the kids to bed and by the time I wake up the last thing I want to do is turn my computer on and write! I guess like anything else I need to schedule this in during another time of the day so I can get to bed without feeling like I failed :)

I know this is just a blog, but it isn't at the same time. This is my life, and there are other things that happen in my life where  I just can' t get it all in because of poor planning. Yes life is busy with three kids, but I also know there are many gaps in the day where if I took 5 minutes here and there I could actually accomplish my "to do list"!

Anyway, this is a gratitude blog not a pitty blog :) I am grateful that I have this space to spill out my thoughts. I know there are others just like me and I just want to remind them that life is a work in progress!

Last night I was fortunate enough to take a nice brisk walk with my two younger boys while Martin took Logan to hockey practice. It was crisp and clear with a full sky of stars. We took our flashlights and walked along the country road to the little red school house at the end of it. The kids talked up a storm and I listened in gratitude. How blessed I was to be with my children on such a beautiful evening winter walk!

Tonight I am grateful for being able to escape for a few hours with my hubby for a little Christmas shopping and to eat at a yummy fondue restaurant in Sherbrooke. The kids were being babysat at the church by a bunch of teen girls raising money for a trip to Haiti! Everybody wins :)

My heart goes out to all the parents who are suddenly childless tonight after the senseless episode that happened at the school in Connecticut today :( How dreadful to think that anyone could  even plan something like this! How grateful I am to have my children all snug in their beds safe and sound for one more night. Life is too short to waste it on negative energy.

Blessings
Lee-Anne


Matthew 5:4 ESV 
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted

No comments:

Post a Comment