Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4-The Little Things

What an amazing day! It is so crazy how the little things in my life, which are a big part of my life, truly showed up throughout the day.

The first was to be able to say I couldn't be there for my son's skating day with his gym class. Now I wasn't saying no "just because". I knew that other parents would be at the arena to help the kids get ready. More importantly I had a very sick little 3 year old at home, I still wasn't feeling 100% , and I had my husband who needed to work.

Guess what happened? Martin, my husband, at the last minute decided he could hold off work for a little longer and joined Logan and his class at the arena :) It was a good thing too because there were only two other parents there! It also made Logan's day that much better!

At lunch time I went to teach my Zumbatomic (Zumba for kids) class at the school. I went in with an agenda and it totally got busted! Sometimes children (especially those between the ages of 6 and 8) have their own agenda and then I have to adjust the class accordingly so we can actually have fun and still get a couple dance routines in! Usually dance games are the answer. Today they even invented a new one called Danse et Cache :) (Dance and hide) It was fun and it kept everyone going! Sometimes I really forget to come from a BEGINNER'S MINDSET.

On my way home I stopped at the grocery store for some dinner items. As I went to pay, the gentleman in front of me had forgotten his money in the car so I had to be PATIENT ( as there was only 1 checkout available) and wait for him to return. I do not usually have to wait for very long in line and there really wasn't anything else I could do so I figured this time wasn't  going to hurt me.

After I picked up my kids from school I proceeded to make the preparations for supper. I totally UNDERESTIMATED how long this project would take! My super yummy and healthy supper that I was determined to make took 2 hours from start to finish instead of the 1 hour I anticipated :) The veggie side dish I had planned on now needed to change because I took so long to prepare the chicken! By 5:15 pm my kids were getting a little hairy, by 5:30 pm they were looking for snacks, by 5:45 pm the crying started, by 6 pm the drumsticks still needed to cook for another 10 minutes. I was so grateful when everything was laid out on the table and the fussiest of all fussy children, Logan, practically drooled with excitement! It was a very yummy supper :) Lesson learned, truly plan ahead and read directions carefully to plan out all the time needed!

Bedtime had its own special learning moments. After reading our Christmas story for the night I laid down with Mason first to help him go to sleep and Daddy laid down with Jacob. Mason proceeded to tell me how excited he was for Christmas to come, how much he loved me, and then asked if his arms would ever be as long as mine? He made up funny situations a if he had long arms and how they would get tangled up :) I chuckled and told him to draw pictures in the morning of his long arms.

I am so grateful for all these little happenings today. Each has its own lesson which can be taken in many different ways. Taking time to breath, say no if necessary, be patient, read the fine print, and be grateful for all the love that is given to me.

Enjoy the life that God has so freely given to you. If you don't like something, guess what, you can change it!

Blessings
Lee-Anne


Zechariah 4:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.





No comments:

Post a Comment