Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 11- the Prefab House

I love these prefab gingerbread houses! I am by no means a Martha Stewart when it comes to baking and creating stuff like this so hours of preparation is suddenly taken care of so my family can enjoy an hour of creativity :) 

At Halloween I had bought back a lot of candy from my kids and stored it. I actually forgot about it until today when we were running out of the candies provided in the box. As you can see there is a ton of candy on the houses! 

A $10 kit from Costco well worth the money! 

We started making the kits about 5 years ago when Logan was only 3. It has become a fun tradition. The kits used to be a basic house and a flat tree and flat snowman. As you can see they have gotten bigger! This is much more fun for a family of three! Yes the kids get a lot of candy while they are building, but that is half the fun of the project!

It was fun to watch Logan this year as he got more detailed and creative with his designs. Mason held quite the concentration while he worked on his house as well! Jacob managed to decorate 2 reindeer and then just focused on the candy:)

The hardest part for my little guys is leaving it alone! I am not sure how long the masterpiece will last, but I have a feeling it won't last past this weekend! Have you ever tasted the candy after it has been out for a long time? NASTY! I can't believe kids will still eat them! Hahaha

I am grateful for whoever started these little kits for those of us who want to get to the decorating right away!

Long live the holidays!!!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Lord thank you for my three little blessings and for giving me creative opportunities with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment