Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19- Slowing Down

My day started with folding laundry, making breakfast (placing the bowls on the table :) and getting the kids off to school with the help of hubby. I then proceeded to drop of my car to finally get the windshield replaced after it having a crack for almost a year!

When I got home Martin made a very delicious egg scramble with the works! We actually got to sit down and have a quiet breakfast with some adult conversation!

I then headed off to school to skate with Mason's kindergarten class!!! I love being able to do these things with my kids!

Once I picked up my van I was off to what was supposed to be a final Christmas shopping trip. Of course I had to be back by 6 pm to teach my Zumba class at 6:30pm. With line ups and travel and a few set backs I didn't get it all done :( Although I think it was God's way of saying SLOW DOWN and don't worry about it all! I had actually taken the "wrong exit" which put me homeward bound instead of towards Costco.

I drove home in silence and enjoyed my breath and tried not to think too much about everything else I "HAD" to do. I did want to keep this Christmas simple and I was starting to stress about jamming everything in! WOW what a great set back!

When I arrived back home, with an hour to get ready, I took my time! Martin had the kids out for the evening so it was super quiet. I never take my time to get ready for my class! I am always rushing through dinner, kissing the kids and running out the door and only taking a few minutes to prepare myself.

I made myself a super shake with some REV3 and recharged my body for a workout! I even had the time to cut a brand new shirt for my Zumba class! This has been one of my favourite things to do since I have started teaching! I have even cut t-shirts for all the girls in my Zumbatomic class. They almost all look the same because they liked the design and it is fun to see them wear their t's  to class!

I was super pumped during my Zumba class tonight. I had added  quite a few Christmas songs to the play list, I had a new red shirt, and I was having fun! Tonight was a special night because it was FREE for all participants as long as they brought a non perishable item or made a cash donation to our local food bank! I was also super excited because there were 2 brand new people in my class!

I arrived home to my kids in bed, ALMOST sleeping :) I think Jacob got his second wind as soon as he saw me! It took a good hour before everyone was sleeping solid. I think with all the excitement of Christmas and all the fun things happening it just makes it that much harder for them to settle down :) Takes me back to when I was a kid and couldn't sleep for a week before Christmas!

I had a FULL day of pure energy and look forward to tomorrows series of events as well! I will be more careful to take some extra time out for me!

What kinds of things do you do to calm down and take a reality check?

Blessings
Lee-Anne


“Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.”
--John De Paola





No comments:

Post a Comment