Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day- 12 Food Bank

This Christmas the Beasse ladies (my in-laws) and I decided to give to our local food bank instead of buying gifts for each other. I wanted to make sure we were getting items that they really needed so I just asked!

In our community the things that were missing were kids snacks for school, feminine hygiene products, and diapers. So we all pitched in and got a variety of these items. I was able to deliver the boxes today! It doesn't matter where these items go, just as long as the person who receives them is able to use them with a sense of appreciation.

I don't give to be recognized, although it is a little hard to be anonymous when I know everyone at the center:) I do it so I can help whoever may be in need.

I am grateful to be fortunate enough to have a beautiful home, two cars, a full fridge and many other things that many people in this world do not necessarily have. I am never starving because I do not have enough food, freezing because there is not enough heat or I do not have enough clothing, or lonely because I do not have family or friends who surround me.

What I give may not make a huge difference, but I know it does make a difference. I also know that if more and more people would be able to offer just a few items then the food bank would be overloaded and more people would be able to benefit from the donations.

The single mom who has to work 3 jobs to pay the bills, the person who is out of work and can't find a job,
The senior citizen who barely has any income, and the list goes on. No one should go without the basics in life. I would like to make sure that my contributions count!

Blessings
Lee-Anne

Dear Lord, thank you for providing me and my family with the basics in life and so much more. Please guide me so that I can give back where it is needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment